Not in most cases. We will work to get a full release for you at closing. This release will fully forgive any deficiency between the amount you owe, and the proceeds from the sale of the home. You should consult an accountant regarding tax ramifications, especially if it is an investment property. Depending on the state in which you reside, some laws forbid banks from attempting to collect deficiencies under certain circumstances. Fill out our short form for a quick home evaluation.